Easy to use
- Listen to your music from anywhere – all you need is a browser.
- The clean web interface is optimized for constrained bandwidth environments and efficient browsing through large music
collections (hundreds of gigabytes).
- Free-text search helps you find your favorite tracks quickly.
- Displays cover art, including images embedded in ID3 tags.
- Assign ratings and comments to albums.
- Star your favorite artists, albums and tracks.
- Create your own playlist and share them with other users if you like.
- Administer the play queue (add, remove, rearrange, repeat, shuffle, undo, save, load).
Works with all media formats
- Supports MP3, OGG, AAC and any other audio or video format that streams over HTTP.
- Transcoding engine allows for streaming of a variety of lossy and lossless formats by converting to MP3 on-the-fly.
- Works with any network-enabled media player, such as Winamp, iTunes, XMMS, VLC, MusicMatch and Windows Media Player. Also includes an embedded Flash player.
- Tag parsing and editing of MP3, AAC, OGG, FLAC, WMA and APE files, using the Jaudiotagger library.
- Playlists can be imported and exported. M3U, PLS and XSPF formats are supported. Saved playlists are available as Podcasts.
- On-the-fly resampling to lower bitrates using the high-quality ffmpeg encoder. Handy if your bandwidth is limited.
- Implements the SHOUTcast protocol. Players which support this (including Winamp, iTunes and XMMS) display the current artist and song, along
with other metadata.
- HLS video streaming supported.
Customizable user experience
- Available in 28 languages.
- Select from 30 different themes.
- Highly configurable user interface.
- Select your personal avatar.
- Chat with other users.
- Automatic album lists (newest, starred, most played, top rated etc).
- Browse by genre and decade.
- Stream music directly to your phone. More than 25 apps available.
- Works with any number of users, and any number of simultaneous players.
- Share your media on Facebook, Twitter, Google+.
- Access your server using your own yourname.subsonic.org address.
- Open REST API for app developers.
Integrates with the best web services
- Automatically register what you're playing on Last.fm, using the built-in Audioscrobbling support.
- Show artist images, similar artists and biography from Last.fm
- Find cover art and lyrics using web services from Google and Chartlyrics.
- Read album reviews and more at Wikipedia, Google Music and allmusic.
Secure and reliable
- Users must log in with a username and password. Users are assigned different privileges.
- Specify upload and download bandwidth limits.
- Supports authentication in LDAP and Active Directory.
- Runs for months without crashing, hanging or leaking resources.
- Use HTTPS/SSL encryption for ultimate protection.
Awesome extra features
- Play music and movies on your Chromecast device.
- Download Podcasts with the integrated Podcast receiver.
- Manage your internet TV and radio stations.
- Play your media on compatible DLNA/UPnP devices.
- Play music directly on the server's audio hardware using the jukebox mode.